Less than 24 hours until it's time to start partying for New Year's Eve. You've got the outfit and a list of events - but are you prepared to celebrate with harm reduction strategies in mind? Worry not, we're here to help you!
NYE Harm Reduction Checklist:
- Carry condoms for you, a friend, or to give that drunk couple in the bathroom.
- Arrange for a safe way to get home.
- Schedule your donation to HIPS now so you don't forget!
- Intersperse your enjoyment-of-choice with a harm reduction one like water, taking a break, or cozy slippers instead of those six inch heels.
- Make sure to have your favorite breakfast/brunch foods in the house to start New Year's Day right!
- If you aren't sure about going home with someone at 10pm, it's probably still not a good idea at 1am.
- Make a contribution to HIPS before heading out the door!
- Get CONSENT before that midnight kiss! Grabbing and kissing strangers only worked in the days before they had sexual harassment laws... Actually, it didn't work then either.
- Give yourself a break and have fun!
Do you like this post?